So I decided to start writing blog posts with the products and steps that I use in the makeup looks that I post on Instagram, starting from today! I did a rose gold inspired makeup look with the L.A. Girl Nudes eyeshadow palette.
I absolutely love this palette. It’s comprised of some pinky-purpley-mauvey shades (I suck at explaining haha), and I am such a fan of these colours. There are 12 eyeshadows, 3 of which are matte and the rest are all a mixture of beautiful shimmer shades. These currently retail for R99,95 at Dis Chem’s nationwide. Check it out here. That’s a bargain in my eyes! The eyeshadows are incredibly smooth and easy to blend. The lasting power is also pretty impressive as the pigmentation stays on my eyes for quite a long time. The overall quality is incredible for the price you pay, and if you are into rosey-toned, neutral eyeshadows I think you will love this palette as much as I do.
Alright, let’s get straight into it. The products I used for this look will be listed down below in the exact order in which I used them, along with some details about each.
- Essence Eyebrow Designer in the shade Brown
- Essence Clear Brow Gel
- Catrice Cosmetics Camouflage Cream Concealer in the shade Light Beige – to prime my eyelids
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in the shade Transparent – to set the concealer
- Catrice Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow in the shade Peachahontus – transition shade
- L.A. Girl Eyeshadow Collection in Nudes – I started with blending the matte shades into the crease, and then using the darker shades to deepen the outer corner and crease. I mixed all the rosey-toned shades and packed these onto my lid. I used the Woolworths Face Make-up Finishing Spray to wet my brush and make the shadows more intense.
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Eyeshadow Pigment in the shade Mink Vision – packed on my lid
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Eyeshadow Pigment in the shade White – inner corner highlight
- Rimmel Black Gel Liner
- Maybelline The Colossal Go Chaotic! Mascara
- Eyelure London No 110 Eyelashes
- Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Beautifying Primer
- L’Oreal Infallible 24hr Foundation in the shade Golden Sand
- Essence Soft Touch Mousse Foundation in the shade Matt Mahogany – for cream contour
- L.A. Girl Pro-Conceal HD Concealer in the shade Creamy Beige
- Catrice Cosmetics Liquid Camouflage Concealer in the shade Light Beige
- Yardley Absolute Translucent Loose Powder
- Catrice Cosmetics Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette in the shade Ashy Radiance
- Essence Silky Touch Blush in the shade Adorable
- Catrice Cosmetics Treasure Trove Golden Powder in the shade Golden Grace – to highlight
- Woolworths Face make-up Finishing Spray
- Essence Lipliner in the shade Satin Mauve
- Essence Liquid Lipstick in the shade Almost Real
Make sure to follow me on instagram – @danicaraemakeup
Thank you for reading.
Check out my instagram here: @danicaraemakeup